Saturday, October 30, 2010

Leg 8: Love me some down-hills!

Wow!  Doesn’t even come close to describing that amazing run.  Absolutely blue sky, perfect temperature, amazing views AND 3.5 miles of downhill!  Nothing really eventful on this run, but, I just can’t even begin to describe the views.  Although we are definitely past peak color here, you still see miles of yellow, orange, red and green.     I think Doug and I set some records for our pace, but, it felt amazing!  Let's see how we feel on our later runs!
OK, so, at about 9:30 this morning we pulled off at a rest stop.  As you probably already read from Sarah’s post, we were stopped by a woman who worked in the visitors center.  I do have to say, she was not very nice.  Our van was officially “detained” until she spoke to the park rangers.  Evidently you are supposed to have a permit to do any activities on the parkway.  Now, for those of you who know me, understand that at this point I was not a very happy person.  Especially since she couldn’t tell me where this was posted or answer my questions.  Actually, she was quite rude.  Well, I really must have officially lived in the south too long…..students, I didn’t go “New York”.  You would have been highly impressed.  Well, all said and done, evidently we WERE allowed to run on the parkway and all of a sudden she became very nice to me.  Wow……challenges never cease.

By the way, thanks Baldwin, the cookies are AMAZING!

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment