Saturday, October 12, 2013

Leg 34: Don't Think, Just Run

The run started out pretty brutal with a nice sized uphill. Then after a whole we finally started going downhill. This lasted until we got off the parkway and onto the highway. There were a few hills and bad wind but it was mostly downhill. The last mile lasted forever. At one point, I remember Clark yelling "WHERE ARE THEY?!?" It was brutal because we were just so exhausted, we both just wanted to be done. I remember constantly repeating "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" over and over again. 

I was so relieved to be done. I remember Clark and I just hugging. We were lucky to have not too bad of a leg. I admire everyone who did this so much. It amazing to think that we ran 175 TOGETHER. We all did it together. Every single person pushed their hardest and they're all me and Clark's heroes. Clark was naturally more peppy than me for most of the time which gave me energy. This is definitely the hardest thing we've ever done but rewarding.

Clark and Elena out 

No comments:

Post a Comment